2012年4月17日星期二

camiseta barcelona

camiseta barcelona,
 "Mazal Tov!" a text message on my cellular phone declared. ? "Way to go!" a friend passing on the street smiled. "Congratulations!" the subject line on numerous e mails in my inbox read. These expressions were coming at me fast and furious recently from both close friends and casual ones. I accepted them all with great pleasure, although I was totally undeserving. I did not get married, have a child, get a degree, win the lottery, or do anything else warranting all the expressions of joy. In fact, the real credit goes to a group of men whom I have never met, who play a sport thousands of miles away from my home in Israel.
????????? All the well-wishers were well aware of that fact. I myself had done nothing to directly help the San Francisco Giants win their first ever World Series championship since moving to the city by the bay in 1958. Credit goes to the players, the manager, the owners and the front office of the club, not to the die-hard fan in Israel who hasn't attended a game at their waterfront downtown ballpark in nine years.
????????? I rarely discuss Israeli politics and tend to shy away whenever the conversation turns to goings on in the Knesset, and Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman's 'Loyalty Oath' was no exception. The proposal that those applying for Israeli citizenship swear loyalty to Israel as a Jewish and democratic state didn't bother me much. Jewish State? Check. Democratic? Yup. Camiseta PAíSES BAJOS , camiseta de Barcelona 2012 , End of story. camiseta barcelona ,
??????? But as the 'Mazal Tovs' poured in by email, SMS, and Facebook, I started thinking about why they were directed at me. What had I done? What did the others see in me that caused them to congratulate me for something so (seemingly) trivial that I had no control over? Did I pitch masterfully in Game 4? Had I played stellar defense for San Francisco against Texas? Did I hit a towering homerun to give my team the lead? Obviously the answer the each of the above questions was no. ?
.

没有评论:

发表评论